No. Company canteens accessible by the public must remain closed. However, it is permitted to sell food and drinks for takeaway. It is prohibited to eat and drink on the spot.
Canteens and staff restaurants without public access are only allowed to open if they are urgently necessary in order to maintain the company’s business. In these cases, the hygiene rules must be adhered to. It is prohibited to open canteens to the general public.
For facilities benefitting from the exception according to § 15, section 2, 2a and 3, the following rules apply:
- It is mandatory to adhere to the general hygiene rules.
- The seats or standing places for guests must be arranged in a way that a distance of at least 1,5 meters can be maintained between the guests. Otherwise, appropriate partition walls must be installed between the guests.
- It is prohibited to serve alcoholic drinks from 9:00 p.m. until 10:00 a.m. of the following day
- All persons present indoor must wear a medical mask covering their mouth and nose. This applies also for staff members. Guests are allowed to take off their masks when seated. Please see also §8 of the legal decree.
- The operators must make sure that the employees adhere to the obligation to wear a medical mask according to § 8. This means that all staff members must wear a medical mask, too.
Please see also § 15 of the legal decree.